Sunday, April 22, 2018

Bowl Weaving

Once a month I get together with a dozen of my sewing friends.  We call it 3rd Saturday Sew.  Last year I was stitching the Bag Ladies and going to name them after my Sat Sew friends. Yes I need to finish them.  Yesterday was our day - and I wanted to try out a pattern I picked up at a the Henderson Quilt Show that we went to a few weeks ago.  It's a fabric woven bowl.  
I had visions of grandeur. that I would be able to get several done.  (pausing to laugh)  Uh Hmm.  Okay well I need to make more for one because they are pretty cool, and 2nd I bought the heavy duty stabilizer to make a bunch and I'm tired of left overs. I just need to be patient and know they take a lot of time.   
I still need to finish the rest of the buttons on the top and then work on shaping it a little more.  Hopefully future ones will go a little smoother. 
In the meantime I am trying to get back on track with my "One Monthly Goal" of my Christmas Quilt.  I have 3 of the 5 blocks done.  I'm heading to Vegas for the day tomorrow and then hopefully after that I won't have any more interruptions to getting them done.  Wish me luck.
Blessings,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...