Sunday, April 1, 2018

Goal Setting for April

I really want to keep this momentum going of getting my goals done.  My next Christmas/Winter UFO is Christmas Quilt by Cheri Saffiote Payne. 
I am doing some alternate blocks here and there to be a little of a combo between the picture above and this version.
It has got a lot of hand stitching going on so I'm not going to shoot for getting the top done and quilted (even though I'd love if I could) however, I want to get as much as I can done.  While being realistic I want to push myself a little.   
Here are the blocks I have done with exception of these two they are only prepped and need to be stitched.
Then I have these kinda prepped.  The Mitten Tree and the snowman will go along the upper left side.
Here is the snowman.

Below is the background and the branches of the Mitten Tree, along with a couple of the ornaments that will go on.  The freezer paper to the right will be more of the ornaments to be put on. I'm thinking this will take me a little bit of time.  
I also have this Pear block slightly prepped. 
These are the 5 blocks I want to get done this month.  I also want to get the filler blocks done so I can put the top half of the quilt done which will look something like this. 
These will include the stars above the house. The star in the top right corner.  And possibly the trees under the nativity.  I'm being hopeful. 
I am linking this up to Elm Street One Monthly Goal "OMG".  
As always I'll let you know how I do. 
Have a great day - 
Blessings,  Lynn 

2 comments:

  1. Ambitious project and I really like the Christmas quilt! Good luck meeting your April goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...