Thursday, April 12, 2018

Making Progress Another Finish

I did really good on the 1st - Easter afternoon and evening. I got the top stitching done on the snowmen. I haven't decided if I want to stitch their eyes or use tiny buttons.
 Next I worked on the crow block. 
Then I took a break from that and worked on finishing up my Poinsettia Table Runner and Place Mats. The table runner had some bad quilting on it so I spent 4 hrs one day picking that out and then re-did. Then I got the binding on and hand stitched.



 
I got those finished up, that makes 6 completed Christmas/Winter projects for the year.  After that, I did some prep work on the more of the blocks that will be needed to finish the top half of my Christmas Quilt. 


Yesterday I had a little bit of time to do some sewing after going to my Dr. office and I didn't feel like doing any hand stitching so I worked on some more of my scrap blocks.  I found a new quilt idea that I like and it's still using my half square triangles and it I make friendship blocks. Then as you lay them out it creates a lattice look.  I only got 4 blocks done but you can start to see how it will create the lattice look. 

That's all I had time to get done yesterday.  The next few days are busy so not sure how much sewing I'll be able to get done. Today we have a couple more errands and appointments. Tomorrow I will go to the cottage but we are doing the garage sale for another week so there won't be any sewing.  Saturday I am going to a quilt shop in a neighboring town with a couple of my friends and I'm sure we'll do lunch. So actual sewing is on hold for a few days. But some where in between there will be hand stitching in the evening for sure.
Have a Blessed Day! 
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...