Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Bunnies and Posies

I'll open with a cute little bunny - because who doesn't like cute little bunnies.  
This is a free pattern from Shabby Fabrics. When I first saw it I thought of my friend Susie H.  The one that we went to her house for the River Regatta. Well Susie just lives a few blocks from us and does a thing called "Drive By's". I may have mentioned this before.  Now in the normal context of that statement a drive by is not a good thing - in our case it means that she is driving by my house and leaves me little presents.  She is always sending post cards of encouragement and thank you.  When I had my surgery last year, she drove a Subway gift card by for my husband so that he could have lunch while I was in surgery.  She is one of the nicest people I know.  So of course I wanted to make this little bunny for her.  When we were there on Saturday, Susie gave me some fabric that she wanted me to cut out for her for a 4 Patch Posey.   I helped her a retreat and so she wanted me to do it again.  :)  When I returned the cut out fabric - I included the little bunny.  And yes she sent me a thank you card.  
This pattern is so fun - it's very addicting.  I rarely make 2 of any pattern but I've made 2 already and almost want to do a 3rd.  
It's the one that looks like a kaleidoscope. Well my friend Gloria made one with some flowers on black background and she loved it so got some of the same fabric.  The neat thing about it - is it won't look the same because it depends on where you make the cuts, and what color sashing you use.  This is the fabric.   
I thought I had a picture of the original one but can't find it.  Sorry.
Here are some of the 4 Patch Posies that have been done in the last year.  This one was my first one.  

Here's my Second one. 
Below is Gloria with on of her's (on the left) and next to her in the middle is Susie H. 
This next one is done with fabric that had dragons and flames.  The lady that did it was not sure about it at all because it was totally not her style - but has already purchased fabric for a second one. 
Now I'll back up just a little and tell a short story of the night of the regatta and the next day.  That night a storm came in.  Another like the micro burst we had in 2014 when we first moved here.  We had to do some securing of our awnings again, I thought we were going to loose the ones in the back this time.  Well the power went out at approx 7:30 pm.  Both here in Bullhead and across the river in Laughlin.  After the extreme winds subsided a little and with the house hot we sat outside under the carport and watched the lightening in the distance.  About 10:30 pm we could see the lights come back on across the river as the whole hillside lit back up.  And of course I'm texting with some of my friends.  Our power did not come on for over 15 hours.  With temps over 110 - this is not good.  We got 80 pounds of ice and made adjustments to our food storage.  In the mean time I accepted an offer to go to a friends house for the day while my hubby golfed.  I cut out the Posey fabric and had fun visiting in the cool house of hers.  
So I have a question - what's worse having a broke AC or Having a brand New Air Conditioner and no power to run it.  Really doesn't matter, you're hot either way.  
All is well now - Have a Blessed Day
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...