Friday, August 17, 2018

The Raven

My Daughter's roommate loves Raven's - and considering I have a lot crows and ravens in my wool and primitive work I volunteered to make a wall hanging for her.  Well her Birthday is in October so figured I better get at it.  
I like to use coloring book pages for ideas and then I will google images for coloring.  Here is the sketch I put together from a coloring page and a pattern from one of my Primitive Quilt magazines. 
Here it is all cut out of wool and fused to the background.  
It's kind of hard to make a totally black bird, black eyes, black beak and legs.  I 4 different pieces of wool and then will add stitches to give it more detail. 
My daughter thinks she'll love it. I hope so.  I'll have fun Stitching it.
Blessings - Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...