Thursday, August 2, 2018

August Line Up.

August is lining to be a busy month for me, but a really fun one.  My kiddo's will be here for the first week, I'm sure there will be a picture or two of them coming up on the blog. Then a  3 1/2 day retreat the 3rd week of the month. 
I've already posted my one monthly goal, the Bag Lady, but what else do I want to work on?   
Well.... 
I really do need to start quilting my Sister's quilt that she made at last February's retreat. 

I intended to do that in July but got side tracked by the quilt for our daughter Taya.  Hopefully I can get it sandwiched and basted soon.
I want to continue on with the Bears. 
I was really having problems with the top stitching. 
Hopefully I'll figure out something and get past that.  I've been googling and talking with other quilters.  I'll be trying threads, needles and whatever until I get it to work. 
Next up - I'll want to do some scrap blocks in this month's color - Orange. I don't know how many scraps of Orange I have because it's one of my favorites, but I'll be checking.


I'll continue on with the wool projects I have been playing with.  One Ornament a month - from the Christmas Present on Facebook.

And the 12 Day's of Christmas- From Rivers Edge Quilt Loft 
I also have a couple of projects I want to play with at the retreat, but I'll post about that later on. 
For now this is more than enough I'm sure. Have a Blessed day doing something fun.
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...