Friday, August 31, 2018

Raven Finish

Mr. Raven has been done for a while except a tiny little section of the hand binding that still needed to be stitched well I finally got that done last night. Yay!
And since today is the end of August - I thought I would recap a little on what I've been up to that last few days since the retreat.
I started quilting the quilt for my Sister and have gotten about 1/3-1/2 done.   
 I fairly happy with my leaves they are turning out well.  

 I would have gotten more done but I ran out of thread

and wasn't willing to jump up right then and go get it. I was telling my Sis that since her who she is giving it to loves elephants I should hid some elephants in the quilting.  So I did - there are two so far.
This is the back side.  :)

Since I ran out of that thread and was still in the mood to quilt I went back to work on the Modern Trees. This is a UFO that was a quilt along from Christa Watson.  It was intended to get us quilting our own quilts and yest it's giving me a lot of practice.  

Not too much more to do on that an a UFO will be done.  
Then on Thursday I went to Vegas with my girlfriends. Our favorite shop there was having a 30% sale and so we were getting some backing fabrics.  I got backings for 4 quilts - 
Now to get batting and get them pinned so I can get them quilted.  I also got some Black because I needed it and a couple of fabrics that will go with a Halloween quilt I am going to start in a few months. 

The Stripe fabric is glow in the dark. 
Here is the pattern.  

It's hard to hold off - I want to start it now - but that's how all these UFO's happen so I'm having self control. Halloween is next years goal like Christmas was this year.  
I am working hard on staying focused and getting stuff done.  So I will wait.  
Have a great Friday - Blessings - Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...