Thursday, November 29, 2018

What's Up?

There is not a lot to report from my end of things. I am working what little sewing time I have had lately on the Secret Santa gifts/ornaments.  I also have been helping my Sis get her UFO's done. She only has 3 - isn't that disgusting?  
First up - Yesterday I helped her make a pillowcase.  She's done them before but it's been a couple years so just needed a refresher. 
She's going to send that to her FIL law, along with the quilt for her MIL.  Just a love gift - not for Christmas.  So I made a label for her to put on the quilt. I got it printed on muslin and then she pinked the edges and fused on the back of the quilt and she 
finished the binding.  
Here's a picture of Sis when she finished the top at the retreat last February -     
Here is it quilted and a close up of some of the quilting.

Below is one of the table toppers I made at the last retreat - I had planned on giving one to my Sis and Brother-in-law, but she asked for one and offered to finish the binding on it herself - so here it is in their snowbird 5th wheel home.
So what am I doing?  Well we have been doing a lot of shopping lately.  We have 90% of our Christmas shopping done - that is good. And on top of that we did a couple days of picking up groceries from a local farmers market and a couple grocery stores. Hubby and I are on a healthier eating plan.  (nicely said huh?)  And - well I have been a little consumed with all the planning and prep for that.  
On the happier note 3 days in I'm down 2 pounds so I guess it's working.  I have to say it hasn't been too hard. Here's a look at last night's dinner. 
It was delicious and hubby said it was a definite do over so win win.  
Now for the next two days I need to really stay focused and get those Secret Santa ornaments done so I can do my finished link up to OMG.  :) 
Hope you have a blessed day - 
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...