Sunday, November 4, 2018

November Goals and a Retreat

In a few short hours I'll be heading out for my next retreat.  Yay!! So I wanted to put a couple things in writing as far as what I want and need to accomplish for November.  November yikes.  I don't like how fast time is going.  Anyway I have a lot of little odds and ends that I want to finish up this month, aside from my One Monthly Goal that I posted about in my last post.
1. I have a ton of hand stitching to do of bindings.  I have my "Quilt As You Go" that is finally done ... but I need to do quite a bit of hand stitching on the back where you join the blocks and then the binding.  

Then I also have the pinwheel baby quilt that will be for charity.  It is done and quilted - I'll show pictures after binding is done.  

And the Java Runner
With those three done - that will add 3 more to my UFO done list.  And I think brings it to 13 this year. 
Okay next on the bindings, the Christmas Table toppers I have two and after this retreat there will be four.  
Oh and I still need to finish (almost done) the binding on my Turkey Table Runner.  

I'd say that's a lot of hand stitching on bindings.

2.  Next on the goal list - I am taking it to the retreat, but I need to make a zipper bag for my Brother in law for his Kindle. I already packed it but I'm using some golf fabric.
3.  If I can get to it - It's a busy month and my Sister will be back in town, hey I should have her help me with bindings.  :)  Anyway I would like to finish my Jelly Roll Jiggle (I posted about it here) AND that will make yet another binding to hand stitch.  ha ha.  
Here's how far I am right now. 


I am sure that is quite enough for the month.  There are also guild projects and charity projects that will need to get done as well.  Lots of work but can't complain - I'm sewing and that is all good.
The retreat goes until Wednesday afternoon, so I'll post all my goodies I get done the end of the week. Until then have a Blessed day and have fun sewing. Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...