Tuesday, April 23, 2019

30 Day Goals

There are all kinds of 30 Day Goals out there right now, concerning diet and exercise - and I have participated in a couple of these and may again, but that's not what I am talking about right now.  I'm challenging myself to 30 days of embroidery blocks.  I am working on my cornerstone blocks ( 30 of them) for the Bee-Utiful QAL quilt. 
The other day I decided that if I challenge myself to 1 per day - it will not only keep me focused, but only take me a month to get them done so I can finish the top of my quilt.  And if by chance I get more than one a day done, it will make up for a possible day I can't make it or an early finish. 
Here's where I am so far.  



 

I am one ahead - but want to keep going maybe I can do 30 in 20 days.  :)
Okay what else have I done.  I got part of the sashing done for the Minecraft quilt - I'll show you that later.  
Yesterday I made up some new labels for charity quilts for one of our guilds. 

I try to do them in a rainbow of colors since I really don't know what color quilts will come in.  I may add a few plain cream ones just in case.  I try to do this a couple times a year to help out. 
Okay and last but now least, I'm still working on healthy eating.  Here's my Low Carb Meatloaf, Roasted Vegetables and Cauliflower Rice. 
Someday I'll get better at presentation for these food pictures.  I start eating then think - oh ya - a picture.  :). I used pork rinds, instead of bread crumbs or crackers. 
I also made some Low Carb Peanut Butter cookies.  I used Almond flour and granulated Stevia, made from Stevia Extract. 

They turned out pretty good.   About 100 cal and 4.5 g carbs per cookie.  Not too bad if you need a sweet treat. 
Well I'm off to start the day.  Breakfast, Gym and may need to take my machine into get repaired.  




The bobbin case is popping out of place.  YIKES!  It's not supposed to do that.  
Update:  While I was writing this and making breakfast, repair person called and it may just need an adjustment.  I'm going to go check and hopefully that will work.  
I'll let you know later,
Have a Blessed day -
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...