Monday, April 8, 2019

River Quilters Camp

I call them retreats, some call them camps.  Tomato - Tamato - Call it what you want it's a sewing fest and I enjoy them. 
This retreat/camp is especially fun.  They have raffles, gifts, door prizes and games. And even with all of that - you have plenty of time to get a lot of sewing done. Here is a group picture
The Room Set Up.
 And our goodies.

Here are my Bag Ladies of the Fat Quarter Club. I got the sashings in and now to quilt.
This is a wool mat that was part of our gift bag.  I went ahead and got most of it done.  
Saturday - Java Table Runner
I had left over fabric - so I made matching place mats.
Then I worked on the this little kit that my friend Susie H. gave me.  She's the one that does the drive by gifts. 

I need to embroider something in this banner.  The pattern says "Kindness Matters" which is good but I wanted to say something else... Not sure yet.  
Here are the projects Cheryl worked on but first - I want to show you a funny.  Cheryl brought a wall hanging that she appliqued on to show me for a possible banner at our quilt retreat... She looks up and Kathy sitting behind me had the same design as a logo on her shirt. 
Okay now her projects - She made these zipper bags for a friend that was leaving on a cruise and needed gifts for daughters of an exchange student they once had and were now visiting. 
Then she made this quilt top.  It was a kit she had put together for my Sister to do, but didn't do. 
We both did our wool mats but I didn't get a picture of her's.  Then she did this.  She did a Ta Da... asked if I could see the vortex pattern and Uh Oh I spotted that there were boo boo's on the right side.
I felt terrible having to tell her.  We brainstormed trying to figure out the easiest way to fix ... but there isn't going to be an easy way.  It's every other block on every other row that needs to be turned.  :(.
That wrapped up most to the retreat.  On Sunday we both worked on hand work until most everyone was heading out then we packed up too.
I worked on the last block for my Bee-Utiful QAL quilt. 
I started sewing the sashing between the blocks on Saturday - but Cheryl gave me a neat idea for the cornerstones - which will involve more embroidery so I'm not quite done yet.  I've just laid it out to give you an idea how it will be.  (or Bee)  
Well it's another busy week here.  My Sister and Brother in law are leaving for their other home on Thursday, so we're working at finishing up her stuff and getting stuff ready for her to take with her to do over the summer.  Also she is helping me pin the Bear quilt so I can quilt it while they are gone, hopefully to have it finished when they come back. Then there is regular life.  Oil changes, the gym, meals to cook, Doctor appointments and on Friday is another quilt show to go see.  
Have a Blessed week everyone - 
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...