Friday, November 25, 2016

Dragonflies and Shamrocks

I keep calling this the "Scavenger Quilt" because that's how it came about.  It was a scavenger hunt. Some of the other ladies in the guild started calling them "I Spy" Quilts and have included little clue cards of the items the quilt includes.  I like that idea and may also do that - but for now, I don't have an intended recipient so it is just "Done Quilt". Ha ha ha.  

I want to point out a couple items I was having fun with.  I especially like this little dragonfly.


And I also like the shamrocks. 

Since I'm still learning and trying to improve my free motion quilting skills, this really makes me happy.  I did a couple other fun things too.  I did musical staph's in the block that has musical notes and the border next to it.  And I did the dragonflies and the shamrocks in the borders near their blocks as well.   

My favorite block in this quilt is the Purple Tree Frog.  I didn't know how to quilt a frog - so I just echoed it.  

Now I need hand stitch the binding down, I will do that today and that will finish up my goals for the month. Yay!!  Which will allow me to start some bonus work.  So next I will start on the Oregon Duck blanket for my Oldest Daughters friend. It's just going to be some cotton with fleece backing so I'm hoping to get it done by the end of the month also.

Have a Blessed Day!  Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...