Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Here a pin, there a pin

I can hear someone saying - Where have you been young lady?  I have had my nose to the grind stone.  As Vice President of one of the guilds,  the President and I wanted to give each of our members a little present at our Christmas party.   She made ornaments and I made pincushions. And some members got potholders. 



Funny - how much we think alike - We both made a spool for one of the members.  :)  


I used Wooly flannel for the background and then did wool applique and did the blanket stitch by hand on them. Then I filled them with walnut shells and polyfil.  



 

On one hand 20 pincushions may not seem like a lot to show for a little over a week, but considering that a lot of it was hand work I'm feeling pretty good about it.  

Today I want to start quilting the Scavenger quilt. I know I said I was going to do that a week ago - but that got interrupted - Today - I really really want to start on that.  I'll let you know. 
Blessings - Lynn




No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...