Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Double Done

Do you ever take short cuts and then kick yourself in the butt?  How many times do our shortcuts end up in double work.  Or how many times do we do something that is half XXX then don't like what we made.  Well that's where I was.  I took a short cut, then didn't like it.  Thought I could live with it because after all the quilt was for me this time.  And I don't like re-doing things - I often times try to figure out how to make it work.  Well I guess I've reached a point in my life - I don't like that.  If I'm going to go to all the work of making something I don't want that one little thing to spoil how I feel about the whole project.  It was putting a damper on how I felt about this quilt.  My Labyrinth.... is really done.  


I machine stitched both sides of the binding.  Some people have great success with that - I do not.  I wasn't happy with it.  I have this quitl that I so carefully pieced, lining up all the points and corners.  I had it long armed quilted, and then blah.  I didn't want to take it to show n tell or let anyone see it in person.  So what is a girl to do when a quilt nags at her for several weeks.  
I tried to think of different ways I could fix it and really this was the only way I knew I'd really be happy with it.  

This is the back where I have properly hand stitched the binding back on my quilt.  
 Now I am not ashamed to show it to anyone.  I got it done yesterday afternoon in time to take to our last guild meeting for the season at SNR.  I am very happy I re-did the binding and so now all is right in the universe.  Lol.
Blessings, 
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...