Monday, June 26, 2017

Planning Prepping and Sewing

Awe - I had a little bit of sewing time yesterday which was so nice. I put my book on tape on and away I go.  First off I picked out some fabric I wanted to use for yet another new quilt.  I saw this in my Simply Vintage magazine that comes out of France.  
I've been wanting to do this for a long time - and have had these fat quarters saved up for it. 
 Now I just need to get them cut out and start picking out my wool for the applique.  Yay.  So I set that aside for a little bit and went on to my next item I wanted to do.  I have a scrap bag pincushion that I use all the time.  And when I go to classes, workshops and retreats I try to remember it.  Operative word there is TRY.   So here's what I did.  I made one for my travel sewing machine.  And I made a slightly smaller one that can be used for all of my hand sewing.  

Now they can just stay with each section of stuff and I will always have one with me.  
It was a very nice relaxing day. 
Today we are going to the gym so hubby can do a lite work out for his back and then may try to go swimming at the lake. It needs to be gentle to not re-injure his back. 
Not sure if I'll have time or energy to do any sewing when I get back from all of that - And I also need to do some paperwork for one of the guilds - so  I guess we'll see if I sew or not.  If I do get some time, I still want / need to work on the quilting project and charity quilt.  And I want to start cutting out the above mentioned quilt.  
I'll keep you posted.  
Have a Blessed day!
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...