Wednesday, July 25, 2018

A Little Extra for Taya

When I first started making the quilt for our daughter Taya - I had three pieces of fabric with scripture.  "The Lord is my Shepherd" (the start of the Psalm 23) the "Serenity Prayer" and then "I'll dwell in the house of the Lord forever" (the last line of Psalm 23).  I was going to put them in that order with the Serenity Prayer in the Middle.  Well then the friend that gave me those pieces of scripture fabric gave me the rest of Psalm 23. Well of course I put it in the center.  Now I have the piece I had originally decided to put in the center - so - I had the idea of making a pillow or a wall hanging out the left over Serenity Prayer. I settled on a wall hanging.  
 I was able to put it together quilt it, bind it and put a little hanging sleeve on the back.  This will be a little extra to go with her quilt.
I also did a little extra quilting on the modern trees. It's keeping those free motion skills going. Hopefully I will get a chance to play with it some more today.
Have a Blessed Day!
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...