Friday, July 20, 2018

Psalm 23 Quilt

Well in my last post I shared how I got distracted and ended up starting a whole new quilt that I hadn't planned.  Well I am happy to say that the "Shiny Thing" distraction is Done! I think you can click on any of these pictures to see more detail.
With each quilt that I quilt myself I get a little more confident and a little more pleased with how it comes out.  I really worked at taking my time with this one and I have to say - I am very pleased with it. 
Is all my quilting perfect - No! It never will be but being as critical that I can be of my own work can call it good.  Here are some close ups of what I did.  Look at the birds!  I  got the bird design from Lori Kennedy at the Inbox Jaunt Free Motion Quilt Tutorials. 
Here on the lavender, I just did some angled lines.



Here is a close up of one of the feathers I did.

I did loopy things in most of the dotted borders but in the outside borders I did swirls.

And I liked the bird design so well that I drew on for the label.  


I had a lot of fun making and quilting this one.  It made it better knowing that my quilting was coming out good but even more special knowing I'm making for my daughter. 
We will be picking them up from the Airport on the 31st but won't be back home until some time on August 1st.  It will be hard to wait until then to give to her. I'm sure I'll let you know her response.  
Have a blessed day!  
Lynn 


No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...