Monday, July 2, 2018

More for July

In my last post I listed my One Monthly Goal.  The one I'm really going to push to complete.  But I also have some other items I want to work on. 
I am almost done with this Christmas Quilt. 

 I just need to quilt the borders and bind.  It's getting better but I'm still having trouble with my holly leaves.  When I can finally decide on them or something else, and feel comfortable with it - I will quilt borders, bind it and be done.  Another UFO done Yay!  I do want to finish that this month.  
* I also want to do a few scrap blocks like this -
in this months colors. "Red and Maroon".  I am kinda following Soscrappy and the monthly color choice. 
I haven't decided if I'm going to do a rainbow type quilt with all my blocks .....

or pair them up and do a few quilts.  I guess I'll figure it out. 
* Next on the list - I want to continue on with completing the Bear quilt top. For this month top stitching the bears and getting the pieced border on. 
I wanted to have this much done by the end of June but with my machine done and needing repairs it delayed a few things.  
This will be the pieced border.  
* Then because I don't want to wait until the last minute, I need to think about getting this quilt quilted. 

My Sister made the top when she came to the retreat with me last February.  She made it for her Mother in law and wants to give it to her in December.  Since she is not a quilter and is just starting, I told her I would quilt it for her.  I want to get it pinned and figure out a design to quilt on it.  And it I can start quilting it. 
Other than that I also have some "Works in Progress" include the 12 Days of Christmas BOM from Rivers Edge Antiques and Quilt Loft 
Here are the blocks so far - 

and I'm doing and the One Ornament a Month.  It's a Facebook group called "Christmas Present"
As always I've lined myself up with 3 months worth of projects for one month.  That's okay - isn't doing what we want to what retirement is for. 
Have a great day Stitching!
Blessings - 
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...