Saturday, December 1, 2018

Reflections

Last month of this year - and what a year.  I'm probably reflecting on the year too early - I've been thinking about all the stuff that has gone on this last year and it started this month. 
Last year at this time - I was anticipating major surgery on my neck and going through all the red tape of getting referrals and approvals. (Bronchial Cleft Cyst removal) That happened on Dec 15, 2017.  Yay - I am doing great!  That is probably a big reason why my reflections are starting early.  I am so thankful for my good health this year.
Through out the rest of the year we had a plethora of other items that happened, normal things really but it seemed like the year of stuff - good and bad.
Our fur babies both had lots of reoccurring health issues - which in the end resulted in our boy Pepe aka Pepper going to doggie heaven in October. Not fun for sure.
I've had a couple of my older friends need to be moved into assisted living situations. Hence a year of posts about sorting measuring and selling fabric and tools for them. 
I also lost a friend that was way too young, too close to my own age, pass.  And news of another friends son whom is newly a father himself with his wife, needing a bone marrow transplant. 
We had cars break down,  needing tires, and batteries.  We had pipes burst with water leaks in our crawl space, Central Air failed in the peak of the 120 degree weather and during one of our children's visits.
But not all was bad or challenging - we had a lot of good too. 
We had a reconciliations of a relationship with another person that had been tender for several years. 
We had some wonderful visits from cousins and siblings and most all of our children and grandchildren. (Our 2 oldest grand children (and family) didn't make it.) We laughed and played and made memories, that I'm sure will be recanted at our next visits. 
We were able to golf and sew to our hearts content,  which is what Hubby and I like to do the most. And no matter what came up - we had what was needed emotionally or financially to take care of it. I guess that's why even though we've had all these things happen, I can still say it's been a good year. We've had the bad and ugly, but we've had the good too. 
I'll post more later on my quilting and what my goals are for the rest of the month and year. But for right now I'm reflecting and being thankful.
Blessings,
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...