Monday, July 1, 2019

Hello July

Another new month, another opportunity to get stuff done.  June went fast but was very productive.  I would have to double check, but I believe I finished 7 quilts last month.  If I could keep up that tally, I could get all my ufo's done in a year.  Ha ha ha.  uh hm..  okay back to reality.  :)
So for July I have a couple items that I need to get going on that aren't part of my summer wish list.  First up - our small guild always makes a small quilt for the guild President when they are leaving office.  This last term we had a Pres./Vice Pres., that alternated duties so we are making them both something.  For my part I will be making a signature quilt that will be a wall hanging.  This is the pattern I will be using - 

We decided to cut it down, instead of nine blocks in the center there will be 4 and then the pieced border around that.  I want to get this cut out and the top done, that is my My One Monthly Goal! I'll be linking this up to One Monthly Goal over at Elm Street Quilts. July OMG link-up is open!

Along with my OMG and my Summer wish list, I also want to work some more on getting my little wool "Take and Make" packets done.  These will be a little goody we are giving out for our quilting retreat next January.  Each packet will contain pattern, wool, floss, background fabric and steam a seam to make one of these little flowers.   
I have other new projects I'm wanting to start on, but I'm working hard to stay focused on my UFO quilting, (The Summer Wish List)  as always I'll let you know how that goes. 
Now head back over to Elm Street Quilts and see all the other Goals. 
Have a Blessed Day!
Lynn 

1 comment:

  1. How lovely to give the guild president a gift. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...