Sunday, July 7, 2019

A Peek at this Week

Our grandson Caleb is still here visiting.  Tuesday we took him to the lake for a little swimming and cooling off. He wasn't sure he wanted to do that but once we strapped on a life jacket and he saw that he could float around as he paddled and kicked he thought it was pretty fun.  I forgot to get a picture of him in the water this time, so we stopped and took one at the lookout point. 
After that for a treat we stopped and got some Taco's from Del Taco.  Wednesday I finished up the
Wool Take and Make packets for the retreat. 
After I finished packing those, I started cutting strips to make strip sets for the border of my patriotic on point quilt. 

I worked on that Wednesday and part of Thursday  - 4th of July.  
God Bless America. 
We did go to another firework display on the 4th. I didn't get as good of picture on this one we were a little farter away, but it was still fun. And we ate ice cream while we were waiting for them to start.  Before we left for that I prepped a couple more blocks for Caleb to work on at the cottage for Friday. 
Another Wolf:
A Baby Tiger:
And then my friend Cheryl made him a little wool monster block to see if he liked doing that.  The Monster: 
Friday - we did go to the cottage and and he worked a little on the monster and some on the wolf.  However he had his computer this time and watched movies so he didn't get as much done as he did the week before. I worked on the wool mat and was able to get the center flowers on, now they just need their leaves. 
Next week - they are bringing him cake and ice cream because it will be his last week at sewing and I said we could get pizza for lunch.  (Spoiled kid)  :)
 Saturday we kinda laid low.  I worked some more on the strip sets, and started pulling out some fabrics for the President quilt top I will be making, and colored my hair.
Today - I worked more on sewing the strip sets, my machine is pulling some stunts again...GRRRR.  But I did get some more done.  I have broken and bent so many needles I need to get to the store to buy some more I am out.  I have one more I think I can use that is not a leather or jean needle.  I'm super low on rotory blades as well as the machine needles.  Guess I need to make a trip to the store tomorrow at some point. I want/need to do some cutting out and then get started on the President quilt top so I might need to put the strip sets aside for now and get going. 
I'll let you know.  
Have a Blessed Evening - 
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...