Saturday, July 20, 2019

Patriotic Scrappy and Goodbye

This is a little of my own design I started at the June retreat. 
I took some ideas from several different scrappy quilts I saw and put them together.  
I finished this top on Wednesday, then Thursday we took Caleb back to the airport to fly back home to Oregon. 




After his plane taxied out we headed to Kingman to drop off my machine for repairs.  We stopped to have breakfast while we were still in the burbs of Vegas and the planes flew right over us.  


Friday I went to the Cottage - it was charity day so spray basted one quilt 4 of us (Sandi, Beverly, Gloria and I) got it tied.  Then they started pillowing other quilt tops with a fleece backing, and the 4 of us got one more tied before we stopped for lunch.  We ate and then most of us left.  I wanted to get back up to Kingman to pick my machine back up. 
Today was our Monthly Saturday Sew and potluck.  We did Hot Dogs and salads.  I worked on the Fall Wool Table mat that I've been doing for Cheryl.  
Here's how it looks now.  

I had the center flowers done before I started today.  
Here's what I got done today:
There will be a weeping tree in that area. I did the feather stitch.
The Chain and pinwheel flowers. 
In the picture above it is hard to see but I did the french knot flowers under the wagon and flower pots.  Then did the flowers in the pots and started on the seam above the pots that will have red flowers in them.  Pretty good for a days work. 
Late tomorrow, but more likely Monday we are expecting our Oldest daughter and husband to stop in for a day or two on their way to Texas.  They along with their son (our grandson) are relocating there from Oregon to be closer to their daughter (our grand daughter and family).
Tomorrow I plan on doing some house keeping then I want to try out my machine now that it is back from the shop.  I was on a roll with my quilting I want to get back on the roll with it.  :) 
As always I will keep you posted. 
Have a Blessed Evening - 
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...