Thursday, June 4, 2015

Soup in the Kitchen

We eat a lot of soup and even though it's summer in here in the desert and temps are over 100 F degrees we still eat soup and salad almost every day for lunch.  So since this is the only day I'm going to be home this week I figured today would be a good day to get some cooking done ahead.  Some batches were bigger than others, but I still made 5 different kinds.  I made Cabbage Vegetable Soup, Chicken with rice and vegetables soup,  Fideo Soup,  Chicken Tortilla, which we had for lunch with a salad -  

I don't actually put tortilla's in mine so but other than that it's close. And then tonight for dinner we had one of the other soups, Navy Bean with Ham.  One of my favorites.  :) 

I made some Garlic Parmesan toast to go with it and yes we had another salad.  

I froze part of the soup and left some of it out for us for the next few days.


So after all the cooking and then the clean up  I mopped the kitchen floor  and then I worked a little more on the baby quilt. I quilted some details into the lion's mane and the tiger stripes.  I wasn't sure what I wanted to do in the body of the elephant so I think I'll just do a meandering.  
So that was my busy day.  
Hope you've had a blessed day. 
Thanks for stopping by,
Lynn  






No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...