Monday, April 17, 2017

A-Maze-ing Blocks

Yesterday was a wonderful day - it was Easter and that in it's self is awesome. I hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating with family or friends.  
This is a little quilt that I made a few years ago with the theme "New Beginnings"  Well Jesus on the cross is the best New Beginning I can think of.  This was my version. The cross is needle turn applique and the lilies are wool.  The sun is paper pieced.



  He is Risen and I am happy about that.  With our Children and grandchildren so far away we did not do a big dinner for the two of us.  But we each got to do what we enjoy and that made for a nice day.  Hubby golfed and I sewed.  
I have so many UFO's and so many new projects I want to start - it's hard to focus and stay on one project.  But I've been working on my Labyrinth blocks and they need focus. There are lots of parts and pieces. Not real hard but takes concentration. 
Can you see all the little pink post it notes in the background?  
I'm pleased with how they are turning out.  
The block in the middle top row will be the one I am doing today. It goes in the middle on each side and will fill the white spots in this picture.  
Hubby is playing golf again today - so this is what I'll be working on. 
Have a Blessed Day!
Lynn  

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...