Thursday, May 25, 2017

Scrappy Repost

I am re-posting part of this to make it easier to see one of my Scrap quilts. 
Last Summer - I had a sandwich bag of these squares and was about to give them or throw them away and my Sister said they were the perfect colors for a table topper that she wanted to make for her friend.  So we put them a side and when she came in the winter.  December 16, 2016 through Jan 19, 2017.
I first blogged about it  HERE.  
Funny I didn't think we had enough so I cut some more white squares and now I still have scraps.  
We got the top done and and I started quilting it HERE.
And then I posted the finish HERE.   Which is pictured above. 
The final size of this ended up being around 48 x 65.   
I have not always been good about scrappy quilts - because I want them to match - but have found that you can match  your scraps and still make it scrappy.  
Next up to finish for scrappy and I will be linking it up later is another baggy of squares given to me a few years ago.  On November 19, 2016, I started piecing these squares together. So I just fit into the date range of the scrap challenge.  Now I need to finish them to link up. 
The scrap challenge is going on over at Persimon Dreams Blog Here.   
Have a blessed day!
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...