Sunday, May 1, 2016

May Day and Goals Met and Set

As I think I posted in my last post - April has been a blur.
First - I went on "Kation" with my Sister

and got to see my Dad
Love him so so much!

Then I got to go and see my kids and grand kids. 
And got to spend an extra couple of days with my youngest daughter and her two kids. 
We had a slumber party in the motel room.
Then I spent the rest of the time with my Sister.  
Then when I came home I just haven't gotten back in the groove yet.  But lets see how I did on my goals for the month.  

1. My Scavenger Hunt Block - Tree, Purple and Frog.  Complete, here is my Purple Tree Frog.


2.  Buttermilk Basin "T" Block Stitched and "I" Block prepped.   1/2 Completed.  I did not get very far on the stitching of the T block, but I did get the I block prepped.  

 

3. SNR Paint box workshop.  Get 1/2 done.  Complete.

I posted about it a couple of times Here and Here.  But here is the finished top. (Unless I add to it) I'm thinking of adding a black border and then adding another set of boxes.  Hmmm I'll get back to you on that.

4.  Gifts - Continue on with the gift making.  I worked on the sewing mat for my friend Ronni and almost got it done.  I finished the binding and then added a wool applique.    Seems like a cheat but I am continuing so I'll say Goal Met.    :) 



5.  UFO - Buster - This month was Porch Time.  I posted about it here and showed my beginning progress.  Well I only got to work on it one day but I did make progress I got the hand sewn on - so Goal Met


6.  Quilt Something -  Wha Wha Wha... No go it didn't happen.  :(

7.  Primitive Garden BOM - Well that went sideways.  My friend and I were all geared up talking about working on this together on Fridays which I thought would help me get going on it. But (get the cheese - the whining is starting) that is my only day to do my other UFO's - so I would not be doing them. And then she got pulled off that due to a relative needing a quilt for a wedding or something SOOOO.... we have put this on hold for now and nothing got done on it at all.  :(.  

8. Blog 4-8 times -  Ya got that one this time.  Goal Met.

9.  Trip Project - Just for fun do something.  I prepped so much stuff, I even knew I wouldn't get to hardly any of it - but hey better safe than sorry.  AND - I was delayed in the airport for 4 or 5 hours so I got to work on the one stitchery.  And I've worked on it this month and almost have it done.  

10.   NLIP -  (Not Like I Planned)  An Unplanned want to.  Well I completed this and Goal Met in two ways on this one.  One I did part of the Ducks because I wanted to. 

And Unplanned - I worked on Charity Quilts. I got 2 and 1/2 tops made for the CRQ guild. 


And the half one: Just need to sew rows together and put on the borders.



So for the month of  April - 7 goals met,1 half met and 2 not even.  So 75%..... hmm C maybe C+.  
Okay Lets see what we can do in May. 

 May Goals

1. Scavenger Block - Sunbonnet Sue - Queen of Hearts and Embroidered Block.  Not totally sure how I'm going to do this but I may paint part of it like I did the frog. 

2. Buttermilk Basin  Finish "T" Block  and "I"  Block  (pictured above) and prep the next "T" Block.

3. Work on gifts!  Towels, Scissor Fobs - need to make progress on gifts to give. Finish Ronni's Mat by Retreat time. Then I  want to also paint another block and make it into a wall hanging for a friend.  So this may be my gift goal for this month.  



4. Quilt something.  Not sure what just get some quilting done. I keep saying Bee Hive Baby, but maybe I need to pick something else to get me going. :)  Here are a few that already pin basted - so I just need to get going on them.  


5.  UFO's  APQ random ufo buster # 7  Which is too funny.  Because I am doing 6 UFO's for 2 month's each #7 is the same as #1.  Which is the same as last month.  :)   Porch Time.  As always the goal is to make progress.  Beginning status pictured above. 
 Here's what was done in April and where I will start for May.

6.  Retreat Projects - Make Progress - Yep got another retreat going on.  May 19 - 21. Back in February when the power went out on us - well they offered us free rooms because of that - So what do you do with a free room?  Well we book a new retreat.  :)   I reserve the right to change my mind but as it stands now I am planning on taking my very old "Quilt as you go" Quilt to finish up.  

 Next I am planning to continue on with the "Snowman Collector" that I took to the retreat in February.     I have one more block to applique and top stitch and then I can start making the sashing and borders.


 Then my friend Ronni and I wanted to work on the Row by Row kit from our local quilt shop.



I'm sure I'll bring more stuff to work on and not sure what that will be - but I'll let you know.

7.  Charity!
7a. I want to finish up the 1/2 quilt (pictured above) that I've got going on for the CRQ guild.
7b. Along with that I need to work on some charity stuff for the SNR guild.  Here are some orphan blocks I'm going to sew together to make a couple of tops.












7c. Bonus Points -  If I get the quilt made for SNR  then quilt it.

8.  Blog 7-10 times.

I also have company coming for a weekend and we are helping our friends relocate the local quilt shop - so I have other things going on in the background, that are going to use up some of my days and weekends.  I think this is enough for now and not sure I'll get to all of this. But I can try. :)

I'll keep you posted - Have a Blessed day
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...