Saturday, January 28, 2017

Dexter and Henrietta

I am on a roll and I am loving it.  My random UFO for the month has been Henrietta Whiskers my hand pieced quilt.  As you can see I am making some really great progress this month.  Here is where I ended up last night before I stopped. 

So when I started this month - my goal for the month was to get at the last 3 blocks done. 
At one point, I wasn't sure I was going to get that much done. Well the clouds lifted and the wind blew in the right direction.  As you can see I got the 3 blocks done.   



So I kept going. I next sewed blocks 1-6 below together.  Then the blocks above 7-9 together.  


And then I prepared the wool birds and stars that will go into the borders.  


Then I cut out the borders and started sewing them together.  

You know the squirrel's name is Henrietta. Are you wondering yet where Dexter comes into this?  It comes from Netflix!  Normally I listen to books on tape while I sew and quilt.  But while I've been doing all this hand work I have been sitting in a comfy place in my living room.  Doggies at my side, binge watching Netflix. I ran out of episodes in some of my other standby shows Criminal Minds, NCIS...so I started looking for other series I could get into and ran across "Dexter".   


Dexter is a forensic technician specializing in blood spatter pattern analysis for the fictional Miami Metro Police Department, who leads a secret parallel life as a vigilante serial killer, hunting down murderers who have slipped through the cracks of the justice system.   
 Above in Blue comes from Wikipedia. 
What makes it more intense is that his Sister is a homicide detective, working right next to him daily.  

My Doggies are loving the extra cuddle time - I'm getting to enjoy a great new series of shows and in the process my UFO is getting close to becoming a flimsy.   
I have one more border to go as you can see in the picture at the top, before I can put the remaining birds and stars on.  And I am hoping since I have a couple more days that hubby will be golfing left in the month that I really can finish this top into a flimsy.  And the bonus is that this UFO is on my UFO list twice this year so next time it comes up I will be hand quilting it.  YAY!!!!  Could I possibly finish a whole UFO this year.  The year is starting off really well.  

Have a Blessed Day!
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...