Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Reflecting Pumpkins

Unscheduled, finished projects are always a bonus.  Even if they aren't a planned bonus project for the month in the goals list.  

I realized one of my friends birthday's is way closer than I knew or remembered.  So all the sudden I did the " what can I do? "  thought process.  After taking the etching class, I got the idea I could make her an etched mirror with the items I know she likes.  Her and I both like working with wool and like doing the primitive stuff.  So pumpkins, sunflowers and crows are the answer.  Here is what I came up with.  


It's hard to get a good picture of these mirrors, because you're trying not to get in the picture but get the detail too. 

I saw a picture in one of my primitive magazines that spurred this picture, however most of this I drew myself.  Which is an accomplishment because I was never an artist that way.  My Mom was an artist and could draw pretty much everything and paint it in any medium you could think of.  I can do the sewing and cooking and painting, my Mom could do, however, I didn't get the natural drawing talent.  But as I get a little older,  I am getting better. 

That was the majority of what I got done yesterday in the sewing room.  I did a little stitching on my UFO of the month "Henrietta  Whiskers"  while I watched TV.  I got 3 square in a square blocks done and 4 squares sewn in a row.  I'll be working on that more today I think and so I'll show more of that later.  

My Sister and Brother in Law are only here for 2 more days.  They will be leaving early Thursday morning so not sure if we will be doing something with them today or not.  I know we are going to dinner tomorrow - but we may be doing that today as well.  
Have a Blessed day doing something you want to do   Lynn


No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...