Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Henrietta the Wooly Squirrel

My Wooly Squirrel is Henrietta Whiskers. I have been working on her for a long time but she is getting so much closer to being done.  Yay.  This is my UFO for the month and my goal was to at least get the last 3 blocks done.  Blocks 7 - 9.   As of last night I have blocks 7 and 9 completed 9except buttons for eyes) and block 8 is 90% done.  I just need to do the panes in the window.  Since this is hand pieced I of course will be hand quilting this too.  So even when the borders are on I still have my work cut out for me, but having all the blocks done just give me the light at the end of the tunnel feeling.  This is block 7 to the left and block 9 below. 


And here is block #8.  

They will next be joined together with 1-6 
Now you know what I've been working on for the last few days.  I have been hand stitching and watching shows and movies on Netflix.  
None of the blocks have been sewn together and since the month is not over yet - that will be next.  Then I can get the borders on with a little more applique and then the hand quilting.  Not all of this will happen this month, however I have this UFO listed 2 times this year in hope of getting closer to getting it done.  
Have a Blessed  Day!
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...