Monday, May 20, 2019

Bee Flimsy

Hooray - my Bee quilt top is done. 
I'm really happy with how it turned out.  After spending a good part of my sewing time organizing some things in the garage, I didn't have a lot of sewing time before hubby got done golfing.  But after dinner it was still kind of early so I spent a little time adding the last couple of rows and the sides to finish the top.  I also got the backing ready and the binding made and even found a piece of batting that is just the right size.  This quilt is on the road to being completely done.  Yay!  
I've got a few lined up to being quilted - now I just need to get the quilting done.  
For dinner last night I tried something a little new to us - I made taco fixings and put it in a tomato. 

It was pretty stinking good.  I probably had a little more cheese than I needed to on the beans, but I didn't have a tortilla or sour cream so I guess not too bad.  
Today I have a couple of house keeping items, then I want to make the backing and binding for Carty's Minecraft quilt.  I need to piece the back so I want to put pixel squares of fabric across the middle like the pixel squares on the front. After that I have a some cord keeps to make for a workshop, and if there is still time I came across a fabric book someone gave me that I want to sew up for Nellie and Ben and the new baby.  Not sure if I'll get all that done today but I can try. 
Have a Blessed Day!
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...