Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Left Overs

Yesterday after doing some house cleaning,  I got into the sewing room for a couple hours. I had some left over blocks from my Red and Tan Butterfly quilt 

and thought maybe I could use them for part of the back.  This ended up being bigger than I thought 62 X 62.  So I started measuring, and sewing the squares together in a long strip that I thought I could put down the center.  

Well after I did all that - it still wasn't enough.  So I went digging and found a tan that looked pretty good with the brown and sewed a strip of that down the center instead. 

But now I still have the left over blocks that I don't know what to do with them.  These blocks were given to me and are not very good quality so I really don't know. Hmmm. 
Next up on the left overs - I told you in my last post that I was going to try and make a low carb tamale pie.  Well it turned out wonderful.  And as usual I didn't think to take the picture until I dished up the left overs. 
Left over kind of day I guess.  :)  This is roughly figured according to My Fitness Pal.  It's 319 cals per serving, 9.2g carbs 12.6g fat and 25.1g Protein.  I made it with ground beef, I'm sure you could lower the fat and calories even more if you used chicken.   
This morning, I made a scramble of eggs and egg whites, a little ham, green chili's, tomato and a sprinkle of grated cheese.  Then I had some "left over" low carb cheddar jalapeno biscuits made from almond flour in the freezer so I defrosted and toasted them - believe it or not I got a picture.  Very yummy.
We dropped Pumpkin off at the groomers.  When she's done we will go to the gym.  After I'm done with that I'll shower and then I'm going over to a friends to help her with her computer. 
That's all for now. I think I'll try to grab a few minutes in the sewing room before the groomer calls. 
Have a Blessed Day!
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...