Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Hello May

The first day of a new month can be very uplifting.  I didn't feel like I got a lot done the last couple weeks of April, between my machine breaking down and just life - so I'm really looking forward to a new start.  Along with monthly items I will be working on for the guilds, charity and for retreats, I have some long term goals.  I have 12 items that I've given myself 6 months to finish.  I have way more UFO's but I'm doing this to try and keep myself focused. 
All 12 items include quilting them.  There is a table runner and 4 place mats that I'm counting as one item, another table runner that is quilt as you go and 10 tops.  Six of the tops are done, 2 have embroidery blocks that need to be finished and 2 need borders.  
Here's the line up:
Minecraft quilt for Carter - Needs borders and then quilted. 
Flag Quilt for Bri - Needs Borders, then quilted. 
Red and Tan Butterflies - Need to Quilt.
 Bag Ladies - Need to Quilt. 
Table Runner and Place Mats, need to quilt.

 Bee-Utiful Quilt - Embroider white cornerstones, add remaining sashing and borders, then quilt. 
 On Point Batik - Needs to be Quilted. 
Frog Works, Embroider a block and a half, then add borders and quilt. 
Small golf lap quilt - Needs to be quilted. 
Jelly Roll Jiggle  - Quilt as you go table runner. 
The Bears - The top is done and pinned - Needs to be quilted.
Charming Fractions - Needs to Quilted.
 And to wrap it up the On Point Frog Quilt - Needs to be quilted. 
These are my next 6 month goals.  I would love to put about 50 more things on the list - but there are a few things I'm doing that aren't on this list also.  I think I'm being really hopeful to think I can get two items a month quilted.  I guess we'll see how that goes.  
As for today - May 1st, I am going to start, because that's the first step to finishing.  :)  Today I'm going to put the borders on Minecraft for Carter.  Not sure after that.
Have a Blessed Day - 
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...