Wednesday, December 23, 2015

An Archive and a Start

First off I want to link up to Tuesday Archives with my Christmas Quilt.

I made this little Doll Quilt back in 2013 for a swap and it went to Paula in Switzerland.


I had a lot of fun making it and if I remember right - she liked it too. 

Then the Start of the post 

I didn't get as much done as I would have liked to yesterday.  Several things contributed to that as I will share of course.  But the wonderful thing is - that's okay - I don't have a deadline for any of this I'm doing it because I want to.

I went to Open Sew at the quilt shop and got there about 9 am.  I had plans to go to lunch with a couple of my friends that also go to the open sew on Tuesdays and they like to go at noon, that only left me about 3 hours to  - set up, pack up and do what ever I'm going to do.

Next - the directions I had for the mixer cover were a little confusing to me - so I had to text my Sister several times to get additional measurements of her Kitchen Aid Mixer.

Then I wanted to make a sample, because I had limited feature fabric and figured I could use the sample myself.  Winner winner chicken dinner right?

Okay here's what I got done in my 3 short hours.  Not to bad.  This one doesn't have batting in it and my mixer is a little smaller than hers measured, but I think it will work.


Today has been  a non sewing day - we've had errands to run and things to do.  So I'll do a little embroidery as I'm watching some TV and then call it a night.  I'm hoping to be able to work on the mixer cover some more tomorrow.  

Have a Blessed evening - 
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...