Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Start up the Mixer

Yesterday I got the little doll bag done with the quilt and blanket.

I really love this method in the little quilt. I can make it into a cathedral window if I want by pulling in the edges of the center block before sewing it down.  This block only requires 3 seams.  Isn't that great.  It has become my go to for the little doll quilts.  I then pillow them instead of binding them and "ta dah" I have a doll quilt in  a snap.
Here she is:  

Today I want to "start up the mixer" - cover that is.  Aren't  I just so whitey this early in the morning?  It is for my Sister.  Have I shown you the fabric I'm using, yeah I think I have but it's so cute.  Yes I/we love little sheep things.  I want to make it reversible so that she can display both materials.  


Since I barely have enough of each of the fabrics, I think I'll make a sample out of some other fabric first.   Hey then I'll have a cover for my mixer too.  I'm going to use some scraps of bell pepper fabric a friend gave me for mine - I mean the sample.  Ha ha.
Well that's the plan anyway.   I agreed to go to lunch with the girls after Open sew and they usually like to go early so sewing time will be cut a little shorter - I'm hoping to get a sample made and start on the real one - we'll see how it goes.
Have a Blessed day. 
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...