Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Peaceful Holiday

It feels like it has been a little slow going on this BOM "Peaceful Holiday" by Jason Yenter that I'm teaching.  I am still working to get the top put together,  It took me a couple different days to get all of these square in a square flying geese units together. 


Here's where they started..... my little cut pieces


They became these.

All my little trimmings

And then,  they became these - 


And this will become the borders around the center block. 


I also got the green and white corner blocks done.  They are part paper pieced and part regular piecing. 


Once I finally got that done - I started cutting out the next months section.   It will be the train tracks and tunnels and the houses.  It took me a whole day just to do the cutting - Whew.   

Yesterday - despite a few interruptions, I did make a little progress.  My train track, tunnel backgrounds are done.  The trains, however don't get done until session 4.  


Today I'll be working on the rest of session 3 which is piecing the houses together.   
Well I better get at it - I'll let you know how I do. 
Blessings - Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...