Saturday, August 13, 2016

Reporting In

I reallly do hate it when I let so many days go by cause then I have to back up and figure out where I left off.  Okay so my last post of progress had to do with the Peaceful Holiday  BOM that I'm teaching and making the shop sample for.   When I left off I had the trains fused and needed to topstitch.  I needed more fusible so I could continue on with the houses.
So the Friday the 5th I went to the Cottage for the first time in a month and that was so fun - but you know how it is when you haven't seen your friends in a while - you visit more than sew.  Oh well it was good to catch up.
I did start stitching this block from the Farmhouse Threads Mystery Harvest BOW.   I did not get very far.


After I left there I stopped by the Quilt shop to see if they had gotten any more fusible - no they had not.  But I did put my trains on the design wall to see how they looked against the center block.  Remember the topstitching is not done. 


It's looking good together.  :)  

So Saturday I top stitched the trains and sewed them to the their corners and the border underneath it.  




Sunday I took the day off of the BOM and Prepped another of the Farmhouse Thread Blocks.  

This is the picture from the pattern, Below is my prepped Block. 


I also put together this block for an upcoming workshop that we are doing at one of our guilds.  It is done in Wooly Flannel. 
The President hand stitched hers and wanted me to do a sample with machine sttiching. 

I also Prepped the next two blocks for the Bee-Utiful QAL.  








Monday - I got back to work on the BOM.  I am still waiting on the fusible so I started working on piecing the corner blocks.  






I was able to complete one before days end and then lots of little moving parts.  :)   

Tuesday we had a lunch date with our neighbor and friend that watched our puppies while we were on vacation, but I spent a couple of hours trimming flying geese before we left.  That was all I got done in the sewing room - the rest of the day was spent with our friend.  

Wednesday  - I was able to finish the corner blocks and started tracing some more of the applique for the BOM on some fusible I picked up at JoAnn's.   

Thursday - I finished the applique on one row of the Houses - They will need to be topstitched. 


Friday the 12th - Wow I've covered a week.  :)  It was Cottage day again.  Well I forgot that I said I would help cut out the kits for the Wooly flannel little house project (pictured above) So we spent a couple hours doing that.  Then when we were done with that I worked on a little bit of embroidery from one of my Bee-Utiful blocks - nothing huge there.   However I have finished two blocks.



 I also had time to Prep Block 16




Today - Saturday 13th.  
Well Today was an extra sew day at the Cottage.  There were only a few of us but when I got there our friend Cheryl brought supplies for each of us to make little pouches or purses.  

Here is mine - It still needs a button - and I will find one tomorrow to finish it off.  

Once I finished that it was time for lunch so we had lunch and when we got done with that I prepped my next block for the Farmhouse Threads Mystery BOM.  

Isn't this darling?  

So after I got done with that, I just worked on doing more stitchin on the other scareman pictured above.   And then I came home.  

Tomorrow I think my hubby is golfing again, So I will sew a button on the pouch and then get back onto the BOM.  I borrowed some fusible from Cheryl so I could try and finish up.  I want to get this top done.  :)  
 That's it for now.  
Have a Blessed day! 
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...