Thursday, February 1, 2018

February OMG Goal

January seemed long in some ways but then it's hard to believe that it's already February.  
I did really well with my January OMG Goal so I am going to try and keep the momentum going and shoot for another of my Christmas/Winter projects to get it done. 
I wrote Here about working on Christmas/Winter Projects all year.  
Next up on my list - 

I started this last year at a retreat - Can you see anything wrong with it? 
Yep I got my V's going the wrong way.  Hmm..  I thought at one point that maybe I could just leave it but no. It just doesn't look right. So I switched that around and using wool instead of the fabric in the kit, I have it fused and it's ready for stitching.  
Yep there is another problem - can you see it.  I didn't until I sent a picture to my friend and she pointed it out.  The stars in the black fabric are in rows and the rows are going the wrong way in the center top and center bottom blocks - So yes I will need to fix that too.  Dang.  
Anyway this quilt is my Elm Street OMG (One Monthly Goal) for February. 

 It will need to have the stitching done on the wool applique, then quilted and bound.  That's my plan and goal. To be honest I have already started the hand stitching on the wool and gotten a big part of it done. But it still needs to be finished and then quilted and bound.  And since February is the start of my retreat season, I will have lots of stuff I'll be working this month.  I'll post more about that later. 
Blessings,
Lynn 

2 comments:

  1. Directional fabric always throws me off too. Good luck sorting it all out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute snowman! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...