Friday, February 2, 2018

Retreat Season

February starts my retreat season for the year - I have 2 in February, and one in March then will have possibly 3 to 4 more, through the year ending with one in October.  Can you see Me doing my happy dance. 
Okay first things first, lets start with the retreat that is coming up next week.  
So what am I going to work on.  First up:
This pattern - using this fabric 
The print fabric in the center will be the borders. 
I am taking batting, backing and binding.  I would like to complete these, not just get the tops done. (We'll see if I can stay focused) 
Next up - I am taking the next of my Christmas project UFO's
This is the pattern picture - I decided to do in multiple colors.  Here are the blocks I have done.
This one is 1/2 done.
So I prepped the other blocks and cut out all the pieces to to finish the top.
Because this one still has the embroidery of the Santa finished and the words I will only complete as much of the top as I can.
Third project: 

I am taking this kit that I had ready for one of the retreats from last year. It's cut and ready to go. If I get this far it will only be the top also.

Before I go on to my last two projects, I'll share that with my Sister in town, and my friends have convinced her to join us for that retreat. She sews, she doesn't really quilt.  I'm not sure how that will work but thank heavens we have a hotel room that she can go up to and take breaks and read.  I've cut out a quilt for her - I mean I helped her cut out a quilt.  😉 

Using this fabric:
The bottom fabric will be the center strips, in the pattern.  
It's a 4 day retreat and she's only wanting to take the one quilt.  I'd have the top done in 1 day but we'll see.  I've taken back ups for her. And my friend that convinced her to come said she cut out 5 quilt tops similar to this for her.  Funny knowing Cheryl she's not kidding.  
So if for some reason I can complete all of this - ha ha - I am also including 2 scrappy UFO's that I started last year.  This will serve as a two fold effect.  If my sister doesn't drag hers out and does complete the top, she can sew the squares together on either of these.
The above needs the sashing sewn on and blocks sewn together. 
The below - I actually started and have 3 rows done. There is still more to go. 

As always I take way too much - but I always know that I have more retreats coming up so what doesn't get done, can go to the next. 
And as you know I will let you know how I/we do.
Blessings,
Lynn 



No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...