Thursday, February 22, 2018

Mellow Yellow Submarine

It's another Project Quilting challenge from Persimon Dreams.  This one is called Mellow Yellow.  Well we're asked to share our creative thoughts and processes and as always I came up with way too many ideas.  And considering I'm leaving for a retreat this afternoon and only got the email this morning (not sure why it didn't come through on Sunday) I almost talked myself out of it again. I thought of bee's and bee hives. I also thought about a rubber ducky. But this is the one I cam up with.  It is about 14" x 17"

This was my inspiration:
And here are some shots from how I created it.  
I sandwiched and quilted the waves first. I randomly cut some freezer paper and used as a little bit of a guide.
Then I added the applique.  
I printed an animated picture of the Beetles so I could put them in the windows, but they came out a little big so only added the one.
Then I top stitched - which served as more quilting.


And finished with the binding.

I am so happy I saw the challenge and was able to come up with something.  After I link this to Project Quilting I am packing the last few things and headed to my retreat.  I'll let you know how much I get done on Monday. 
Blessings,
Lynn 

2 comments:

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...