Monday, February 12, 2018

Retreat Recap

We had a really good time at the retreat. As always the time went by so fast. And surprisingly I was able to stay focused on just one project.  I wanted to see it through to completion before going on to any more projects and I did it.  What that means is I only worked on one project, but I almost got it completely done. Here is one of the place mats before quilting.
And here's one with.
And here they are with the binding on but not hand stitched yet.
 Here's the table runner.  I tried quilting it also, however the tension on the travel machine was not working well, so brought home and will finish quilting it here.   I am going to use the red for binding on it.
This was my Sister's first retreat and she made it through the whole time.  She brought her book and we had a room she could go rest in and she was good and was able to stay and sew.  She only brought one quilt to work on and got it done really quick.  So my friend gave her another to work on and then she worked on some embroidery she wanted to finish up.  Here's the quilt she took.
Here is the one my friend Cheryl gave her to do.  
I'm happy she liked it.  She signed up to go again next year so she really did like it.
So the retreat was fun and successful. 
Blessings,  Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...