Monday, June 10, 2019

Bag Ladies of the Fat Quarter Club

I started this quilt as a block of the month from Chickadee Hollow Designs, in January of 2016.  It is finally stitched, quilted and bound. 
When I started working on this around my friends and told them the story that goes along with these ladies:   Copied from Chickadee Hollow site.

The Bag Ladies of the Fat Quarter Club are a group of 12 lovely ladies who portray themselves as Bag Ladies. They are all unique as most Bag Ladies are. They all dress a little differently, certainly some eccentricity apparent and there accessories are eclectic at best. They come from all walks of life and their ties to family or old friends may have been lost. But, they found a place, where they were accepted for who they are and what they bring to the group. They all have one common interest in quilting. They all show up every Friday night at the local quilt shop to sit and enjoy their stitching with each other. They are a happy group, and they all contribute the things they like to bring for refreshments. You will find homemade chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, sardines and crackers, wine, lots of wine, for some of the refreshments. 
The coffee pot is always on at the shop and they enjoy their coffee too. Each one shares what they are working on and delight in the companionship of each other. But, they all come for one thing, on Friday nights Fat Quarters are $.99 cents! The best deal in town! 

my quilting friends wanted to be part of it. They started naming different ladies for themselves and the others we sew with.  At different points I thought of stitching the names of them on the blocks. Then I thought maybe I'd have them sign their block.  But I have way more than 12 friends I sew with, some leave, new ones come - so as 3 years have passed in the making, I decided that I know who they are and without names they represent my circle of friends that I stitch with weekly and yearly.  I've made some of the best friends in my life since I've started quilting.  So this is my friendship quilt, my "I'm so Blessed" Quilt.  
Today I'm off to do some more quilting.  I'm rocking this list of 15 items, 7 done and 8 to go.  Today I'll quilt the small charity bear quilt and I want to start the quilt for Jacquie my first Mother in law.  
Have a Blessed Day!
Lynn   

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...