Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Flowers Bee's and Pea Pods

Fun and productive.  Those two words don't always go together but it's nice when they do and that was yesterday.  This was towards the end of my day but I really want to show it first.  I am making this for my first Mother in law, and the colors just seemed bright and spring like so flowers and bees were my pick.
The center is done and now I just need to do the borders.
Here are a few close ups.  I'm feeling way more confident with my free motion quilting - can you tell? 



I got the idea for this by searching for free motion panto-graph motifs.  

Then I did some practice. 
I have a couple of errands to run today - but later this afternoon, I'll be tackling the border.  I haven't totally decided what I want to do in them, but I'll figure it out.
To back up a little, yesterday morning was the SNR guilds last workshop for this season.  We made little zipper purses called Pea Pods. 

Two 10" squares of fabric, a 10" square of fusible fleece and a 16+"  zipper will make two pods. They only use one side of the zipper.  If I can find some zipper pulls that work, I can make some more of them. Not sure what I'll do with them but they are kinda cute. I could make them and then donate for them to be sold at the quilt show boutique.  I'll have to think about that. 
Well I better go get ready so I can head out in about an hour. 
Have a blessed day!
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...