Sunday, June 9, 2019

Bee Done

My Bee Quilt is done.  I didn't want to quilt over the embroidery and since I was using warm and natural that can be quilted 10" apart I just did a stitch in the ditch around each block. 
And I'm getting pretty good at machine binding so I finished it all up. 
My dozen items I wanted to get done by October, grew to a bakers dozen (13), became 14 (with an additional Charity quilt) is now 15 with the addition of a lap quilt for my first Mother in law.   With that being said.  I have 6 of the 15 done.  If I would have stayed with my original dozen I'd be half way.  :) 
I also got the Minecraft quilt cleaned up and the binding on, here's a picture of it.  
My One Monthly Goal is making progress too.  I worked on this Friday at the cottage and got the green vine and part of the red flowers done.  
This next week we have 2 days at the cottage, so hopefully I will get it done.  I still need to back and bind it after the stitches are done so I better pick up the pace.  :).
Haven't totally made up my mind on what I will do today.  I think I want to make up some more backs and get a couple more quilts pin basted.  The quilts that are getting stitch in the ditch are going quick and I want to make sure I have quilts ready to quilt if I have time while our grandson is here.  I'm working hard to stay focused and get ufo's done.  I have 5 quilt size embroidery projects and a wall hanging started. I told myself I had to finish at least 3 of them before I could start my next one.  :)  I'm getting close.
* Bee Quilt - Done (pictured above)
* Bag Ladies - Waiting to be quilted and bound.
* Frog Works - 1 1/2  blocks to go.  The blocks are made I just need to finish assembling the borders - then quilt and bind.
Those are the 3 - however I would like to at least finish the embroidery on the next one before I start a new one.  
* Daisy Days - 1 1/2 blocks to embroider then assemble blocks then quilt and bind. 
* Berry Picking - barely started.  
* All Began with Family (Wall Hanging) barely started. 
I have 1 kit and a couple of patterns I want to start, but I'm being good.   By getting all this stuff done - finish 4 or 5, start one, eventually my ufo pile should go down right?  LOL.... 
Well if you made it thru this far in my mind wandering and planning thank you.  
I need to do a few things here in the house then off to the sewing room I go. 
Have a Blessed Day!
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...