Thursday, June 13, 2019

Blazer Throw

Every time I send a quilt to the great grand kids, my Grandson in law says - "I still haven't gotten a quilt".  :)  So Since I'm sending one to Carter (the Minecraft quilt) and one to the new baby on the way, I figured I needed to do something.  
Fillip was a huge Portland Trailblazer fan while living in Oregon, I wasn't sure if he still liked them, but found out he did.  So here's an easy fix.  I made a cotton front, fleece back Blazer Throw.  (60x70)
Back
Because the fabric was directional, I ended up having to piece the front.  
Then I made a little pillowcase dress for our great granddaughter Nellie.  
That was the sum of what I got done for the day and then went to the guild meeting.  
Yesterday - I was ready and racing.  I did some house work and by the time Hubby left for golf I headed to the sewing room.  I wanted to do another pillow case dress for Nellie and then assemble backs for a couple more quilts.  Here's the 2nd dress.
The backs.... Well... It was slow going.  I spent more time trying to find backing fabric and batting I could piece than actually getting things done.  However I did persevere - I got one back made and one batting pieced, for the Frog Charm quilt and got it pinned. 
Then I got Charming Fractions pinned ready for quilting too.  

The only other thing I got done yesterday was a little bit of free motion quilting practice.  I bought a template a while back of bees thinking I could use it on my Bee quilt. 
However the bees were too big and so I didn't use. Then I thought I could use on Jacquies quilt but was trying to figure out the continuous line. 
Well by the time I figure that out I might as well just free motion it instead of using template.  So.... here is my practice bee's. 
I need to make them bigger or I'll be quilting for a year on a lap quilt... LOL  but I think I'll alternate between bee's and these flowers.  
A little more practice but I think it will work.  I'm not sure how much time I'll have today to get stuff done, and it may be a week before I get a chance to starting quilting Jacquies quilt.  Today we have errands to run, tomorrow and Saturday I'll be at the cottage working on my Summer Wool Crazy and Monday starts the retreat. 
So for now I'm going to try to find another back and maybe practice my bee's and flowers a little more, before we need to head out.
Have a blessed day!
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...