Tuesday, June 25, 2019

June OMG Finish

It has been a few months since I remembered to link up to One Monthly Goal over at Elm Street Quilts. But this month I did and I am happy that I was able to finish. 
My OMG for June was to finish this wool table mat "Summer" for my friend Cheryl. 
The pattern said to back and bind it with homespun, however I had some really nice wooly flannel and used that. It's hard to see, but I hand quilted the back to the top in between the sections to hold it in place. I even made bias binding, which I don't normally do, but it worked well. 

Now I'm going to link up to One Monthly Goal. 
Have a Blessed Day! 
Lynn  

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I'm sure the hand quilting added some lovely thread work, also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely summer table mat!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beauty! I love wool work, and you've done such a nice job on it. I like the woolly flannel backing, too. Your friend will be so pleased Congratulations on a great quilt finish.

    ReplyDelete

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...