Saturday, June 1, 2019

Red White and Blue for June

It's a beautiful day here in sunny Arizona.  I love the sun and blue skies we get here, I don't always appreciate the heat we get here (125 degree's) :)  It's just after 8 am and already 86 degrees. But that's okay a lot of people have to stay inside a few months of the year because of snow, we stay in a few months of the year because of he extreme heat.  
Any way that's not what I'm here to write about, I'm here to set out my game plan for June.  June is becoming a patriotic month.  I am working on my Daughter-in-laws flag quilt.  I got it pin basted  and started quilting it yesterday.  

I figure I will have the quilting finished on that by first to mid of next week.  
The other parts of my red, white and blue - patriotic June have to do with the scrappy UFO's I found that I will working on at the retreat that starts on the 17th of the month.  


I posted about these in this Post.   The first one will involve 1/2 square triangles and then trimming so that will be a little time consuming.  The 2nd one will be very easy until I get to the little pinwheel cornerstones.  
As always I have 6 other projects I'm taking to the retreat with me - and will probably never get to them.  LOL.  
So what's up for the rest of the month?  More quilting, I am determined to get some tops done!  I have backs ready for at least 6 quilts right now and batting cut for 4 or 5.  These 3, will be the first to get quilted.  :
Minecraft - 
Bee Quilt.
Bag Ladies.

I want to get (at least) these pin basted in the next couple of weeks.  One of our grandsons is coming for a visit at the end of June and first part of July and he will be using the bed I use to pin the quilts.  :) I don't imagine I'll get a ton of quilting done while he's here, but a little here and there could add up.  I would hate to have the time and no quilt ready.  
I'm sure this will keep me more than busy, as my mind thinks of other stuff I want to do also.  But hopefully I can make a good dent in what's listed here. 
So for now - Happy June and I'll keep you posted on what I am working on.
Blessings,
Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 2023 Taya, Jorden and Zach

 Hi Kids.. One grandson leaves then the next batch of kids come.  Summer is so fun for our family to come visit.  Taya our daughter and our ...